Windham County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Willimantic Department of Social Services Food Stamp Office 676 Main Street Windham CT 06226 860-465-3500

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Brooklyn Housing Authority 87 Quebec Sq Brooklyn CT 06234 860-779-3339

Grosvenordale Housing Authority 500 Riverside Drive Thompson CT 06255 860-923-9997

Killingly Housing Authority 41 Birchwood Terrace Killingly CT 06239 860-774-3905

Plainfield Housing Authority 120 Prospect Street Plainfield CT 06354 860-564-3760

Putnam Housing Authority 123 Laconia Avenue Putnam CT 06260 860-963-6829

Willimantic Housing Authority 49 West Avenue Windham CT 06226 860-456-1413

Woodstock Housing Authority 60 Butts Road Woodstock CT 06281 860-928-6378

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration, which provides financial support to elderly people, surviving family members, and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide services including stipends to retired workers as well as low-income individuals and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide assistance in enrolling for Social Security benefits, receiving Social Security benefits, and planning for retirement needs.

Willimantic Social Security Office 1320 Main Street Windham CT 06226 860-423-6386

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

Killingly Community Center WIC Office 185 Broad Street Killingly CT 06239 860-928-3660

Plainfield Family Resource Center WIC Office 651 Norwich Road Plainfield CT 06374 860-928-3660

Putnam Day Kimball Hospital WIC Office 255 Pomfret Street Putnam CT 06260 860-928-3660

Williamantic Access Community Action Agency WIC Office 1315 Main Street Windham CT 06226 860-450-7405