Vermilion County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Vermilion County Department of Human Services Family Community Resource Center Food Stamp Office 220 South Bowman Avenue Danville IL 61832 217-442-4003

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Danville Housing Authority 101 East Seminary Street Danville IL 61832 217-431-7065

Vermilion County Housing Authority 601 South Chicago Street Rossville IL 60963 217-748-6812

Vermilion County Housing Authority 426 East Honeywell Avenue Hoopeston IL 60942 217-283-6218

Vermillion County Housing Authority S KENNEDY Dr Georgetown IL 61846 217-662-8140

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration, which provides financial support to elderly people, surviving family members, and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide services including stipends to retired workers as well as low-income individuals and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide assistance in enrolling for Social Security benefits, receiving Social Security benefits, and planning for retirement needs.

Danville Social Security Office 400 North Vermilion Street Danville IL 61832 866-331-5394

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

Vermilion County Health Department WIC Office 200 College Street Danville IL 61832 217-431-2662