Pickens County Social Services for Public Assistance

Find Pickens County Alabama social services and programs related to public assistance. Public assistance is provided by Food Stamp Offices, Medicaid Offices, Social Security Offices, WIC Offices, and Housing Authorities.

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Pickens County Human Resources Food Stamp Office 401 Tuscaloosa Street Carrollton AL 35447 205-367-1510

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Aliceville Housing Authority 851 Franconia Road Aliceville AL 35442 205-373-8333

Carrollton Housing Authority 560 Sanders Street Carrollton AL 35447 205-367-8196

Gordo Housing Authority 140 2nd Avenue Northwest Gordo AL 35466 205-364-7114

Reform Housing Authority 510 5th Street Northwest Reform AL 35481 205-375-6360