New London County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Norwich Department of Social Services Food Stamp Office 401 West Thames Street Norwich CT 06360 855-626-6632

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Baltic Housing Authority 8 Wall Street Sprague CT 06330 860-822-1203

Colchester Housing Authority 300 Lebanon Avenue Colchester CT 06415 860-537-5251

Gales Ferry Housing Authority 60 Kings Highway Ledyard CT 06335 860-464-7365

Griswold Town Housing Authority 230 Taylor Hill Road Griswold CT 06351 860-376-4516

Groton Housing Authority 770 Poquonnock Road Groton CT 06340 860-445-1596

Montville Housing Authority 81 Liberty Road Montville CT 06370 860-848-3163

Montville Town Housing Authority 41 Milefski Drive Montville CT 06382 860-848-1739

New London Housing Authority 78 Walden Avenue New London CT 06320 860-443-2851

Norwich Housing Authority 10 Westwood Park Norwich CT 06360 860-887-1605

Preston Housing Authority 11 Lincoln Park Road Ext Preston CT 06365 860-887-4865

Stonington Housing Authority 45 Sisk Drive Stonington CT 06379 860-599-2600

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration, which provides financial support to elderly people, surviving family members, and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide services including stipends to retired workers as well as low-income individuals and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide assistance in enrolling for Social Security benefits, receiving Social Security benefits, and planning for retirement needs.

New London Social Security Office 2 Shaws Cove New London CT 06320 866-643-3401

Norwich Social Security Office 101 Water Street Norwich CT 06360 860-886-7118

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

New London Thames Valley Council for Community Action WIC Office 83 Huntington Street New London CT 06320 860-425-6620

Norwich Thames Valley Council for Community Action WIC Office 401 West Thames Street Norwich CT 06360 860-425-6562