Lonoke County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Lonoke Department of Human Services Food Stamp Office 100 Park Street Lonoke AR 72086 501-676-5643

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

England Housing Authority 102 Benafield Street England AR 72046 501-842-2591

Lonoke County Housing Authority 313 Waggoner Cove Lonoke AR 72086 501-676-0605

Lonoke County Housing Authority 617 S Greenlaw Ave Carlisle AR 72024 870-552-3554

Ward Housing Authority 501 North Street Ward AR 72176 501-843-5641

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

Lonoke County Health Unit WIC Office 118 South 1st Street Cabot AR 72023 501-843-7561

Lonoke County Health Unit WIC Office 306 North Center Street Lonoke AR 72086 501-676-2268