Hartford County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Hartford Department of Social Services Food Stamp Office 20 Meadow Road Windsor CT 06095 855-626-6632

Manchester Department of Social Services Food Stamp Office 699 Middle Turnpike East Manchester CT 06040 855-626-6632

New Britain Departmentof Social Services Food Stamp Office 30 Christian Lane New Britain CT 06051 860-612-3400

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Berlin Housing Authority 250 Kensington Road Berlin CT 06037 860-828-4500

Bloomfield Housing Authority 80 Shield St West Hartford CT 06110 860-953-0002

Bristol Housing Authority 164 Jerome Avenue Bristol CT 06010 860-582-6313

Broad Brook Housing Authority PARK HILL Rd Broad Brook CT 06016 860-623-8467

Canton Housing Authority 21 Dowd Avenue Canton CT 06019 860-693-6464

East Hartford Housing Authority 546 Burnside Avenue East Hartford CT 06108 860-290-8301

Enfield Housing Authority 1 Pearson Way Enfield CT 06082 860-745-7493

Glastonbury Housing Authority 25 Risley Road Glastonbury CT 06033 860-652-7568

Glastonbury Town Housing Authority 45 Canione Road Glastonbury CT 06033 860-652-7623

Hartford Housing Authority 9 Wooster Street Hartford CT 06120 860-723-8400

Manchester Housing Authority 24 Bluefield Drive Manchester CT 06040 860-643-2163

New Britain Housing Authority 16 Armistice St New Britain CT 06053 860-225-3534

Newington Housing Authority 241 West Hill Road Newington CT 06111 860-521-8396

Plainville Housing Authority Unit 7, 20 Stillwell Dr Plainville CT 06062 860-747-5909

Rocky Hill Housing Authority 20 School Street Rocky Hill CT 06067 860-257-7216

Simsbury Housing Authority 1600 Hopmeadow Street Simsbury CT 06070 860-658-1147

South Windsor Housing Authority 50 Elm Street South Windsor CT 06074 860-644-3082

Southington Housing Authority 43 Academy Street Southington CT 06489 860-628-5200

Suffield Housing Authority 81 Bridge Street Suffield CT 06078 860-668-7613

Thomaston Housing Authority 63 Thomaston Street Hartford CT 06112 860-283-5174

Wethersfield Housing Authority 60 Lancaster Road Wethersfield CT 06109 860-529-2267

Windsor Housing Authority 156 Bloomfield Ave Windsor CT 06095 860-285-8090

Windsor Locks Housing Authority 120 Southwest Avenue Windsor Locks CT 06096 860-627-1455

A Medicaid Office is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides health insurance assistance to income-eligible individuals and families. Medicaid services include inexpensive or free health insurance for children, adults, people with disabilities, and the elderly. A Medicaid Office provides assistance in enrolling for Medicaid services, information on healthcare options, and help obtaining access to healthcare.

Glastonbury Connecticut Medicaid Office 377 Hubbard Street Glastonbury CT 06033 860-657-3058

Hartford Connecticut Medicaid Office 25 Sigourney Street Hartford CT 06106 860-566-8750

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration, which provides financial support to elderly people, surviving family members, and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide services including stipends to retired workers as well as low-income individuals and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide assistance in enrolling for Social Security benefits, receiving Social Security benefits, and planning for retirement needs.

Bristol Social Security Office 225 North Main Street Bristol CT 06010 860-314-2304

East Hartford Social Security Office 478 Burnside Avenue East Hartford CT 06108 860-290-5420

Hartford Social Security Office 960 Main Street Hartford CT 06103 860-493-1857

New Britain Social Security Office 233 Main Street New Britain CT 06051 866-858-6086

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

Bristol Hospital WIC Office 9 Prospect Street Bristol CT 06010 860-585-3280

East Hartford WIC Office 50 Chapman Place East Hartford CT 06108 860-528-1458

Hartford Community Health Services WIC Office 500 Albany Avenue Hartford CT 06120 860-249-9625

Hartford Coventry WIC Office 131 Coventry Street Hartford CT 06112 860-757-4780

Hartford Santa Marques WIC Office 175 Main Street Hartford CT 06106 860-757-4860

Hartford Santa Marquez WIC Office 547 Park Street Hartford CT 06106 860-757-4860

Hillcrest Neighborhood Center WIC Office 105 Hillcrest Avenue West Hartford CT 06110 860-953-8875

New Britain Bristol Hospital Main Street WIC Office 450 Main Street New Britain CT 06051 860-225-8695