Garfield County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Garfield County Department of Human Services Food Stamp Office 108 8th Street Glenwood Springs CO 81601 970-945-9191

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Carbondale Housing Authority 1250 Hendrick Drive Carbondale CO 81623 970-963-9326

Garfield County Housing Authority 2128 Railroad Avenue Rifle CO 81650 970-945-6382

Garfield County Housing Authority 214 8th St Glenwood Springs CO 81601 970-945-3072

Rifle Housing Authority 150 Ute Avenue Rifle CO 81650 970-625-3974

A Medicaid Office is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides health insurance assistance to income-eligible individuals and families. Medicaid services include inexpensive or free health insurance for children, adults, people with disabilities, and the elderly. A Medicaid Office provides assistance in enrolling for Medicaid services, information on healthcare options, and help obtaining access to healthcare.

Glenwood Springs Colorado Medicaid Office 108 8th Street Glenwood Springs CO 81601 970-945-9191

A Social Security Office is a local branch of the federal Social Security Administration, which provides financial support to elderly people, surviving family members, and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide services including stipends to retired workers as well as low-income individuals and people with disabilities. Social Security Offices provide assistance in enrolling for Social Security benefits, receiving Social Security benefits, and planning for retirement needs.

Glenwood Springs Social Security Office 201 14th Street Glenwood Springs CO 81601 970-945-8609

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

Garfield County Rifle WIC Office 195 14th Street Rifle CO 81650 970-625-5200

Glenwood Springs WIC Office 2014 Blake Avenue Glenwood Springs CO 81601 970-945-6614