DeKalb County Social Services for Public Assistance

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

DeKalb County Human Resources Food Stamp Office 2301 Briarwood Avenue Southwest Fort Payne AL 35967 256-844-2741

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Collinsville Housing Authority 101 Truman Lane Collinsville AL 35961 256-524-2499

Crossville Housing Authority 128 George Street Crossville AL 35962 256-593-5824

Fort Payne Housing Authority 203 13th Street Northwest Fort Payne AL 35967 256-845-0424

Rainsville City Housing Authority 144 White Street Rainsville AL 35986 256-638-3030

Rainsville Housing Authority 42 McCurdy Avenue North Rainsville AL 35986 256-638-2157

A WIC Office is an office run by the state, county, or local government that provides support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children. WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children. WIC is a supplemental food program, and in addition to nutritional assistance, WIC Offices provide additional benefits including health screenings, nutrition and health education, breastfeeding promotion and support, and help getting other social services. WIC Offices provide services to income-eligible families who require food assistance.

Dekalb County Health Department WIC Office 2401 Colvin Way Fort Payne AL 35967 256-845-1931