Crenshaw County Social Services for Public Assistance

Find Crenshaw County Alabama social services and programs related to public assistance. Public assistance is provided by Food Stamp Offices, Medicaid Offices, Social Security Offices, WIC Offices, and Housing Authorities.

A Food Stamp Office is a government office at the local level that provides nutritional assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). SNAP benefits are available to income-eligible households in order to reduce food insecurity and poverty by supplementing the food purchasing power of the household. A Food Stamp Office can assist eligible families in enrolling for SNAP benefits and receiving nutritional assistance benefits. These food assistance benefits include a monthly stipend to purchase household food items or plants and seeds to grow food.

Crenshaw County Human Resources Food Stamp Office 25 Hospital Drive Luverne AL 36049 334-335-7000

A Housing Authority is a government office at the state, county, or local level that provides housing assistance and support to income-eligible people. Housing Authorities offer a range of services, including rental assistance, access to long-term low-income rental housing, and housing support. Housing Authorities often provide additional support services to tenants, including education and job training, access to healthcare services, and other social services.

Alabama State Housing Authority 94 Glenwood Avenue Luverne AL 36049 334-335-2820

Brantley Housing Authority 81 Maple Street Brantley AL 36009 334-527-3454

Luverne Housing Authority 66 Mitchell Drive Luverne AL 36049 334-335-5164